The Deed of Variation of the FNQ DAMA agreement has been signed and is in effect since 18 June 2021.
The new agreement includes more occupations relevant to the region, which are not available under standard visa options, such as:
- Farm supervisor
- Farm Inspector
- Café or Restaurant supervisor
- Bar Attendant (supervisor)
- Waiter (supervisor)
- Housekeeping supervisor
- Night Auditor
- Diving Instructor (Tourism or Photography)
- Marine Environment Interpreter
More concessions are also available under the new agreement including (but not limited to):
- Availability to apply for Subclass 482, 494 or 186 (based on eligibility)
- Access to permanent pathway to all occupations (expect level 5 occupations)
- Age concession up to 55 years old (skill level 1) and 50 years old (skills level 2-4)
- Skills assessment only mandatory as per standard Subclass 482 visa
- English and salary concessions for some occupations
The access to the FNQ DAMA has also been extended for business in the Cape York and Torres Strait areas (Cooktown, Weipa, Thursday Island…) in addition to the Cairns, Port Douglas and Tablelands.
Please contact us for further details or to review if you or your business may be eligible under the new agreement. We are here to help.