From 27 February 2021, the following family visas will be able to be granted while the applicant is onshore for applicants who are in Australia and unable to travel due to COVID-19 for the visa to be granted:
- Partner (subclass 309) visa
- Prospective Marriage (subclass 300) visa
- Child (subclass 101) visa
- Adoption (subclass 102) visa
- Dependent Child (subclass 445) visa
In addition, from 24 March 2021, this will also be applicable for the following parents’ visas subclasses:
- Contributory Parent (subclass 173) visa
- Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa
- Parent (subclass 103) visa
Additionally, subclass 485 visas in the graduate work and post-study work stream have been granted concessions to allow eligible applicants to lodge and be granted the Subclass 485 while outside of Australia, if they have been impacted by COVID-19 travel restrictions since 1st of February 2020.
Please contact us for professional advice on your situation. We are here to help.