Approved Destination Status Visa
The Approved Destination Status visa allows people from the People's Republic of China who are travelling in an organised tour group to visit Australia for tourism or recreation purposes, or to visit friends and family, on a temporary basis.
Should your application be approved, you will be granted a temporary visa, allowing you to travel to Australia on a short-term basis as part of an organised tour. Depending upon your particular circumstances, you will be granted either a single entry visa (allowing you to enter Australia once, for a specified length of time) or multiple entry visa (allowing you to enter Australia multiple times for short periods whilst your visa is valid e.g. stays of up to 3 months at a time over a 12-month period).
If you are under 18 and travelling alone, or with only one parent (or legal guardian), you must also provide written consent from the non-accompanying parent or legal guardian.
- be a citizen of the People's Republic of China (PRC);
- apply for your visa through an agent that is registered under the Approved Destination Status Scheme;
- genuinely intend to visit Australia on an organised tour;
- meet the relevant health and character criteria (this could include a requirement to obtain health insurance for the period of your stay in Australia);
- have access to sufficient funds to cover your costs whilst you are in Australia.
You must be outside Australia when your application is lodged, and you must be in the PRC when your visa is granted.