Migration Plus


 Student Visa

The purpose of this visa is to allow international students to undertake full-time education and training in Australia. This visa enables a student to stay in Australia for the duration of the relevant course. The student must enrol, or in some cases have a letter of offer, with an Australian education provider before lodging a visa application.

The exact requirements for this visa will depend upon the level of risk assigned to your application (the 'Immigration Risk'), which is a combined immigration risk assessment determined by the risk rating of the education provider and your passport nationality.



 As the visa applicant, you must:

  •  enrol with an Australian education provider as a full-time student, and obtain written confirmation of this enrolment (predominantly on-line courses are not eligible)
  • genuinely intend to complete the relevant period of study in Australia
  • have the required level of English language proficiency unless exempt
  • have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the period of your intended stay in Australia
  • have access to sufficient funds to cover your return airfares, tuition fees and the cost of living in Australia, as well as costs required for any dependents included in your application.The exact amount of funds a student requires is set by Department of Home Affairs, and is determined by your chosen education provider, your course of study and other personal circumstances. Please contact us for further details.

 Australia is a great place to study! 

In Australia you will find not only great Universities, Colleges, Trade Schools and TAFEs, Private Colleges, Schools and English Language or ELICOS programs, it also has:

  • A fantastic environment, hot or cold, tropical, wet or dry, rainforest or desert, beach and ocean, inland or Great Barrier Reef, mountain climbing, surfing, skiing, sailing, bushwalking it is all here!
  • Great cities with all facilities, quieter but nevertheless exciting country town Universities and Schools
  • Very high standard universities
  • Tropical schools and colleges close to Asia
  • a friendly, and accepting lifestyle second to none
  • challenges and adventures
  • a wonderful environment.

But where do you start?  There are so many courses, colleges, schools and universities, where is a good place to live? What suits YOU, best?  What should you study? What might help you get longer term residency? What to do next?

We have the answers to all these questions!  We can help fit you like a hand into a glove into the appropriate course, with English training first if needed, in the place and college that is right for you. We can assist you during your course and help you establish a pathway to a longer term visa if that is what you want. We have been doing it for over 30 years!

Your language is not a barrier, we have people who speak it, if not we will get them!

We understand the "tricks and traps" of enrolling in courses and the issues you face. You make the choices with guidance and we will do the enrolment and all that goes with it including the visa application.

For students under 18 years of age and in some cases over that age a Guardian Visa for a parent or relative may also be available.

Click here to contact us - we have the answers!