Temporary Graduate Visa - Post-Study Work Stream
The Temporary Skilled Graduate visa allows overseas students who have completed their studies in Australia to live and work in Australia on a temporary basis. The Graduate Work Stream is a visa for international students who graduate with an eligible qualification and have applied (and been granted) the first Australian Student visa on or after 5 November 2011.
A visa granted in this stream is valid for 2, 3 or 4 years, depending upon the level of the eligible Australian qualification(s).
Skills and Qualifications
At the time that you lodge your visa application, you must during the previous 6 months have completed one or more of the following qualifications at an educational institution in Australia, following at least 2 years of study:
- bachelor's degree (with or without honours)
- master's degree (by coursework or research)
- master's extended degree
You must also:
- be under 50 years of age
- have competent English (i.e. a recent IELTS test with a score of at least 6 in EACH band)
- have made adequate arrangements for health insurance during your stay in Australia.
Should your application be successful, you will be granted a visa allowing you to live and work in Australia on a temporary basis. The duration of your visa will depend upon the level of the Australian qualification(s) that you used to obtain your visa, as follows:
- bachelor's degree (with or without honours); master's degree by coursework; or master's extended degree: visa is valid for two years
- master's degree by research: visa is valid for three years
- doctorate: visa is valid for four years.