Dependent Child Visa

The Dependent Child visa is a temporary visa that allows a child to travel to or remain and/or remain in Australia until their parent's permanent Partner visa is finalised. The child must be added to a permanent Partner visa application before the parent's permanent Partner visa has been granted to their parent.

Siblings must lodge separate applications.



As the visa applicant, the child must:
  • be a biological child, stepchild or adopted child of of a parent who holds a temporary Partner visa that does not already include the child.
  • be single (i.e. not married, engaged or in a de facto relationship)
  • be under 18 years old or dependent on their visa-holding parent or incapacitated for work due to the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions at the time the application is lodged.


The sponsor who is sponsoring the child must:
  • be already sponsoring the child's parent for a permanent partner visa
  • be prepared to provide support for the child and members of their family unit included in the application for at least two years
  • not have been convicted of (or have an outstanding charge for) an offence against a child and meet other character requirements
  • show documents proving parental responsibility if the child is under 18 years old, such written consent of each person who can legally decide where the child lives or a valid court order permitting the child permanent removal from your home country.

Helping you, helping others

Migration Plus adds value to the community in which it works. At least 5% of our profit goes towards our contributions to what we call Step Up and Reach Out which assists selected young people from Australia and around the world who choose to improve their position in life through education and learning. Read more

Registration and regulatory information

Migration Plus is a long established, Australian based privately owned independent immigration consultancy with a team of highly skilled OMARA Registered Migration Agents who represent our clients from around the world.  Migration Plus provides fee-based services in addition to the official Government application fees and disbursements to advise, assist and represent our clients through the complex visa application process.

All decisions for granting of a visa remain with the Australian Government, subject to lodging a valid application using the forms or electronic lodgement systems available on the Government website and meeting the relevant criteria. Migration Plus is not affiliated with the Australian Government.  We act independently in assisting and representing our clients interests, we advocate for our clients. The Australian Government registers Migration Agents – all our Agents are registered under that system.  We are also licensed to provide Continuing Professional Development to Migration Agents and we belong to the Migration Institute of Australia.  We take great pride and offer exceptional professionalism in helping you achieve your immigration goal.