Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) Visa - Highly Specialised Work Stream
The Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) - Highly Specialised Work Stream visa allow people to travel to Australia for short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work that is is likely to be completed within a continuous period of 6 months or less.
Work in Australia
The work that you are to undertake in Australia must be:
- short-term and non-ongoing
- highly specialised. In general, this means work that:
- is classified as a skill level 1–3 occupation in the Australia & New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) OR
- requires skills or knowledge that are specific to an international company, such as installing imported equipment, after sales service or emergency repairs
- do not involve the performance of generic skilled tasks that can be undertaken by similarly qualified and skilled Australian workers
- does not have adverse impact on the employment, training opportunities or conditions of employment in Australia
- does not involve undertaking activities in the entertainment industry in Australia.
As the visa applicant, you must:
- have the specialised skills, knowledge or experience that is required to perform the work referred to above, and which:
- can assist Australian business AND
- cannot reasonably be found in the Australian market
- genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily in order to carry out the relevant work
- have access to sufficient funds to support yourself whilst you are in Australia
- meet health and character requirements.