Direct Entry Stream
The business seeking to employ you must:
- be actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- genuinely need for a paid employee to fill the nominated position under its direct control, and have the capacity to employ you in this position for at least two years
- have a current training strategy for its existing Australian employees OR if the business is less than 12 months old, have a training plan for future training of its Australian employees.
The position to be filled must be:
- full-time and available for at least 2 years from the date that the ENS visa is granted
- be an occupation included on the current Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). Certain occupations on this list will be subject to additional requirements (e.g. salary, type of business operated by employer, nature of position)
- have a salary that is at least AUD 53,900 per year (excluding any non-monetary benefits) AND at least the annual market salary rate (AMSR) for your nominated occupation (the AMSR is the salary that an Australian earns (or would earn) for performing equivalent work on a full-time basis for a year in the same workplace at the same location)
- subject to conditions of employment (other than earnings) that are no worse than those that apply (or would apply) to Australians performing equivalent work in the same location.
As the visa applicant, you must (unless a specific exemption applies):
- have competent English
- have your skills assessed as suitable for the nominated occupation by the relevant skills assessing authority, and have at least three years of full-time experience in this occupation
- be under 45 years of age
- meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements.