Direct Entry Stream
For applicants who are applying directly from overseas, or who for any other reason do not meet the requirements of the Temporary Residence Transition stream (e.g. students in Australia).
The business seeking to employ you must:
- be actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- genuinely need for a paid employee to fill the nominated position
- have a current training strategy for its existing Australian employees OR if the business is less than 12 months old, have a training plan for future training of its Australian employees.
The position to be filled must be:
- full-time and available for at least 2 years from the date that the ENS visa is granted;
- included on the current Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) OR included as an eligible occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- subject to terms and conditions of employment (which includes the wage/salary) that are no worse than those provided to Australians working in the same position for the same business (or in the same local area, if there are no equivalent positions with the business).
As the visa applicant, you must (unless a specific exemption applies):
- have competent English
- have your skills assessed as suitable for the nominated occupation by the relevant skills assessing authority, and have at least three years of full-time experience in this occupation
- be under 45 years of age;
- meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements.