The Investor visa allows successful investors to reside in Australia on a permanent basis. To qualify for this visa, you must hold a provisional Investor visa, and have maintained a designated investment in Australia for at least four years.
As the visa applicant, you must :
- hold a provisional Investor visa (subclass 162)
- have been in Australia as the holder of that visa for a total of at least two years during the last four years
- you and all your family members meet health and character requirements.
Business & investment
At the time that you lodge your visa application:
- you (and your spouse/de facto partner, if applicable) have held the designated investment of AUD 1,500,000 in Australia continuously for at least 4 years (the designated investment made for the purpose of being granted an Investor (Provisional) visa (subclass 162))
- you have a realistic commitment to continue a business or investment activity in Australia.
- you (and your spouse/de facto partner, if applicable) have never been involved in unacceptable business activities.